Monday, March 28, 2011

Cleanup and Tree Planting at Sattle River County Park

The first activity that I did was a clean up and tree planting at Sattle River County park in Sattle Brook New Jersey. I found out about this through my cousin who is a boyscout down there and I participated with his group. I completed this on March 12th. The first thing that we did there was meet the director of parks and recreation and they taught us the proper way to plant trees and also the proper way to remove objects from the ground without affecting the natural landscape. After this discussion we then started getting into groups and planting trees and also cleaning up. We started planting trees that are now supposed to be there for the next fifty years. This made me feel good about myself because I know that it is their for future generations. This task required a lot of manual labor because the trees had to be rooted and planted however I was up for the challenge. After this we helped clean up the park. It was a good day and a great learning experience. Hours Spent: 3 hours Hours Total: 3 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment