Wednesday, April 13, 2011


Alli Kobylinski - Volunteering at Citizens Bank Park


On April 7, I was chosen to work at Citizens Bank Park during the Phillies game collecting recyclables. I, along with about 30 other volunteers, were sent to designated areas in the stadium to walk up and down the aisles after each inning collecting plastic and glass bottles and aluminum cans. At first, we were having a little trouble getting the fans to give up their recyclables but as the game went on, we received more and more bottles! We seemed to grow on the fans in our designated aisles because each time we ran down they cheered and eagerly gave us there recyclables.


There are 43,647 seats in Citizens Bank Park. The April 7th game was sold out. As I collected these recyclables, I thought about the impact we could have if each person recycled their bottles and cans. The impact would be huge! Even though the volunteers only collected about 20 trash bags full, we still made that much of a difference in our world.

I thoroughly enjoyed being able to experience such a wonderful sport and at the same time, make and good impact on our precious environment. I would gladly volunteer at the Citizens Bank Park again to collect recyclables. It was an experience I'll never forget!



Me and my trashbag full of recyclables!



All of the volunteers trashbags full of recyclables!

No comments:

Post a Comment